Time to Hire (T2H) is, for many organisations, the most important KPI in recruiting after those measuring new hire quality. Some use Time to Fill or both or even use the two expressions interchangeably. I don’t want to discuss technicalities – at the end of the day it’s about getting the right people into a position quickly.
Achieving Time to Hire Goals with SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
T2H is certainly high on the agenda for most recruiting system implementation projects. There are a number of ways that SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting can help to achieve this, including, but not limited to:
- Adding pre-qualification questions to job adverts to auto-disqualify clearly unsuitable candidates, thus allowing recruiters to get to the right candidates faster
- Building a Talent Pool, that can be auto-notified or approached by recruiters directly as soon as an opening comes up
- Making it easier for candidates to apply, most notably via mobile, so they may apply during their daily commute or lunch break rather than waiting for the next weekend (Note: For mobile applications, iXerv offers a particularly slick option, where candidates can apply through a chat platform like Facebook Messenger using a chatbot to communicate. Click here for a video demo of chatbot functionality.)
However, my focus today is on the time that gets lost finding appropriate interview slots. A delay at this stage is particularly damaging, as we are dealing with the top 5% or so of candidates – those who made it to the interview stage.
Streamlining Interview Scheduling
You probably know that getting hiring managers and candidates to agree to an interview timeslot can be tedious. Video interviews add some flexibility, but then most managers complain about ever busier schedules, wiping out any benefit video technology may bring.
There are basically two approaches to speed up interview scheduling. Both rely on providing the recruiter or coordinator with a number of slots to draw from.
- All parties involved are asked to mark out the time periods they are available. The system then supports the coordinator to identify those time slots everybody agrees with and allows the candidate to pick one from that selection. Every organisation using SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) can make use of this.
- The availability of line managers and other interviewers is drawn directly from their calendar. A prerequisite for this is that the organisation must be using Microsoft Outlook, which needs to be connected to the SuccessFactors instance. Once this is set up, you are ready to go. The video demo below shows you exactly how it works. Needless to say, it requires some discipline from Line Managers to keep their calendars up-to-date, but it’s worth it.
If you like it and are looking for help to set it up or if you feel you are not getting full value out of your SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting solution and want an expert to review your process and setup, please get in touch. Enjoy the video.
Sven Ringling is Head of UK/Europe at iXerv. He has over 20 years of HRIS experience, working with organisations that need to optimise their HR & Payroll processes or want to drive Digital Transformation in the cloud.